In ‘Pushing Forward’ we explore and discuss trending ideas and topics as we move forward within the PR industry.
You (or your company, or your product, etc.) may have a lot to offer – but if you can’t effectively communicate that value to your audience, they won’t give you the time of day. So, before you spring into action on your next project or campaign, establish who it is you are talking to, what they want to hear, and how you can reach them. A communications plan can help you do this. A strong communications plan will equip you with the tools to deliver effective and consistent messaging to your target audience.
Here are a few articles to get you started on your communications plan.
- PR News Online reminds us that we are experts at making assumptions, and explains how this affects our day-to-day communication.
- So what is a communications plan exactly? This head of Communications Planning wrote a letter to his mom, explaining what he does for a living. (via Medium)
- Not sure what to include? Find out the 16 things every communications plan should include. (via SpinSucks)
- Creating guidelines for using your brand voice is a key element to any communications plan. Click here to read The Agency’s own post on maintaining your brand voice across platforms to help develop your communications strategy.
- Once a communications plan is mapped out, it’s important to assess and reassess it periodically to ensure it remains relevant and effective. See what checkpoints the Forbes Community Council suggests Marketing Executives use to assess their communications plans.
- Finally, internal communications matter too. A communications specialist tells us why they are more important than ever. (via insights.staffbase.com)
Have any other tips for creating a killer communications plan? Let us know on Twitter at @PRTheAgency or comment in the section below!
Make sure you check back next month for more stories discussing our next PR topic!