What you need to know to speak to the media confidently.
In any situation.
Our media training will:
- Empower you with confidence to manage all media situations.
- Teach you how to build a meaningful relationship with the media
- Help you fine tune your key messages, getting you ready for sales presentations, investor pitches, or even your next pitch competition!
We can help translate your innovative tech ideas into clear, concise messages that even the most non-tech-savvy person can understand – helping you share your story with the world. The Agency’s Media Training Bootcamp will coach you and your employees to be ambassadors for your brand. By creating a team of well trained spokespeople, you’ll elevate your company’s PR and marketing outcomes. Our media training isn’t just for the camera; we’ll help prepare you for any speaking opportunity thrown your way – whether it’s networking, pitching, podcasts, or more casual conversations.
I was so scared to talk to the media. After working with The Agency I can easily get my key messages out to the media and potential investors. We just finished our second round of investor funding and it was over-subscribed because of the work that we did with The Agency.
The Agency’s custom-designed media training program is a great professional development opportunity for your people and can make any employee an ambassador of your brand.
Whether you are networking, giving a presentation, or speaking to the media, having a cohesive statement about yourself and your company can break through the media noise, educate your audience, and build awareness.
We specialize in the B2B technology and innovation space; over the last 13 years, we’ve helped more than 200 startups find their feet and their voice. Our depth and knowledge in the sector is unparalleled. From VCs to VPs, from Big Data to CleanTech, AgTech, FinTech and all the other techs, we “speak geek.” We will take the time to get to know you, your company, and your product/service and will help you develop powerful key messages that are compelling, clear, and engaging. We’ll give you personalized feedback on your interview style and techniques to help prepare you for the real thing. You’re doing great work, and the world should know about it!
The Agency’s media training can also help you with your internal communications; whether you’re going through a major company announcement, or dealing with a crisis, leaders need to present to their employees, stakeholders, and partners a clear, cohesive message. We’ll prepare you to answer those tough questions and help you create statements that will address the issue, put people at ease, and get your message across.
You may also be interested in our Brand Storytelling Workshops.
What You Get.
You’ll spend three half-day workshops with The Agency’s senior PR team, who have a combined 30 years of experience with media relations in tech, B2B companies, and government.
Our team will:
- Teach you how the media works, including key terms and phrases and the rules behind good media relations.
- Help you develop your personal statement, key messages, and brand story messages.
- Advise you on posture, body language, tone, and how to look and sound good on camera.
- Instruct you on how to interview in any situation, including podcast, Zoom, television, print, etc.
- Help you practice your interview skills and provide links to our recorded sessions.
- Provide a post-workshop consulting session to prepare you for a real-life engagement.
What does The Agency do?
- Agency also needs time for prep, entailing digging into the client, who they are, what are they about, developing practice questions and scenarios (approx 3-5 hours)
- Teaser, to get someone interested: leveraging the tools of media training to turn people in your organization to natural brand ambassadors and spokespeople.
- Physical printout with media tips and theory, with their finalized personal statement.