Case Study: Calgary Economic Development.
Thought Leadership for Lead Generation.
Wishing to attract new investors, companies and employees to Calgary’s growing tech ecosystem, Calgary Economic Development (CED) asked us to build a library of compelling stories about the city’s most fascinating companies – and to paint a picture of a vibrant, beautiful and exciting place to call home.
We embarked upon a multi-year, long-form article project – Live Tech, Love Life – that showcases innovators in Calgary’s tech ecosystem. In these articles, we do justice to often complex concepts by translating them into compelling stories that engage both the general public and specialist readers, including job seekers and investors. We conducted all of the interviews, research, writing, and fact checking.
- 42.8M impressions for targeted media buy on LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- 33.2%: Increase in traffic to the campaign website from 2020.
- 3.3M: Views of our campaign videos on YouTube.
- 57% Increase in overall YouTube views from 2020.
- Among business leaders, 77% (up 33%) would consider expanding in Calgary.
“The Agency’s media training program is extremely unique – they not only ensure that messaging is highly strategic, they also make it practical. We engaged them for media training to prepare for the coverage we knew would come from a high-profile case, and they really helped ensure we were ready for the volume of media requests and coverage we got.
They take the time to understand each issue and work tirelessly to make sure that key messages are cohesive, concise, and consistent. We found their interview coaching invaluable for both our legal team and the people involved in the case, which was of delicate nature. They are a pleasure to work with.”
– Robyn Bews, Chief Business Development Officer, BD&P Law