FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 27, 2016
The National Angel Summit announces 2016 speaker line-up for national conference taking place Oct 4-6, 2016 in Vancouver
Toronto, Canada – The National Angel Capital Organization (NACO) is excited to announce this year’s lineup of National Angel Summit keynote speakers and panelists.
The National Angel Summit is the flagship event for the Angel investor community. Over 400 investors, partners and industry leaders from across Canada and the US will convene in Vancouver to discuss emerging trends that will shape angel investment in the coming year.
This year’s event boasts a panel of world-class entrepreneurs and investors, speaking on the theme of Scaling Up Angel Capital To Drive Canadian Innovation. Some of the 2016 speakers include:
- David Rose, CEO of Gust & Founder & Chairman of New York Angels – An Inc. 500 CEO, serial entrepreneur, super angel investor, best-selling author and keynote speaker who has founded or funded over 100 pioneering companies.
- Randy Smerik – An experienced serial entrepreneur, with over 20 years’ experience in mobile, networking, database systems, transaction processing, and semi-conductors. He has had several successful exits including Osunatech, Inc. and Tarari, Inc.
- Lane Merrifield, Co-Founder & CEO of FreshGrade – Entrepreneur-turned-angel behind the successful startup Club Penguin – acquired by Disney for $35M In 2007.
- Christopher Bissonnette, Managing Partner of Pallasite Ventures – An important and active Canadian angel investor, Chris’s portfolio includes investment in over 40 early stage tech companies
- Ben Zifkin, Founder & CEO of Hubba – Founder of Toronto based Hubba, an e-commerce startup on track to raise $45 million in new financing for expansion from North America into the UK.
The National Angel Summit takes place October 4-6, 2016 in Vancouver. For a complete list of Summit speakers, more information about NACO, or to purchase tickets, please visit www.nacocanada.com/2016summit.
For more detailed data and/or to arrange an interview with NACO’s CEO Yuri Navarro, please contact:
(416) 581-0009 Ext. 4
About the National Angel Capital Organization
The National Angel Capital Organization accelerates a thriving, early-stage investing ecosystem in Canada by connecting individuals, groups, and other partners that support Angel-stage investing. NACO provides intelligence, tools and resources for its members; facilitates key connections across networks, borders and industries; and helps to inform policy affecting the Angel asset-class. For more information please visit www.nacocanada.com or follow us on Twitter @AngelCapCanada.