Last month, we saw a contributed article on TechCrunch that broadly proclaimed that startups should not hire PR agencies. While it did garner some attention especially on social media, there was also significant feedback from PR professionals explaining why the original article painted the industry in broad strokes. We’ve rounded up some articles that may help improve the startup-agency dynamic.
- Here is our open letter to startups on the questions they need to ask to see if they are ready for PR.
- Can a PR agency kill a startup? (by Aly Saxe, Iris PR Software)
- How to pick a PR agency for your startup (via Fixate.io)
- Five startup ‘must haves’ for powerful public relations (via Forbes)
- Good insight here – Full transcript: Brew PR founder Brooke Hammerling on Recode Media
What other PR stories caught your eye this past month? Share them with us in the comments below, or tweet them to us @PRTheAgency!