Are you an expert PR manager who loves setting deadlines and sticking to them? Do you have a proven track record of keeping clients happy and helping them reach their goals?
We are on the lookout for an experienced Account Manager to join our PR and communications team. Reporting to the Head of PR, our new Account Manager, PR will be responsible for managing client accounts and relationships, working closely with the media to tell clients’ stories, and ensuring all deliverables tie back to program goals.
If this sounds like you, The Agency’s team of friendly, coffee-loving and animal-obsessed PR and marketing pros would love to hear from you!
Title: Account Manager, PR
Reports To: Head of PR
Location: Calgary, AB
Description: Supporting and working as part of the PR team, the Account Manager, PR is responsible for managing accounts and client relationships. The successful candidate will support and manage client strategies and project manage specific client accounts. A consistent and detail oriented tactical executor, the Account Manager, PR will deliver on client PR and media relations campaigns, thought leadership programs, content creation, media relations, events, and reporting & analytics. This is a full-time role.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or similar position, some of which should have been in an agency role
- Demonstrable experience in meeting client requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to write and create tactical PR, media relations and media pitches, thought leadership articles and spokesperson messaging / quotes
- Excellent understanding of PR tools such as coverage tracking and media list building
- Good project management and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress
- Knowledge of campaign evaluation techniques and metrics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Manage client expectations during all stages of a project / retainer
- Provide regular status updates to client, without prompt
- Manage relationships with contractors, i.e. designers / web developers, to ensure deadlines are achievable and client goals are being met
- Understand budget and time restrictions and effectively communicate these to the client / contractors
- Plan budgets and activities for client accounts
- Set up goals and objectives for client programs
- Work with the Head of PR and the PR team on campaign ideas, goals and objectives
- Provide feedback and counsel to meet quotas/objectives
- Serve as a strategic point of contact for clients
- Understand customer requirements and needs to offer suitable solutions
- Ensure the timely delivery of services and products to clients
- Resolve issues to maintain and strengthen customer trust
- Report and communicate overall quarterly/annual progress to senior management and clients
- Create tactical calendars, targeted PR campaign plans, media relations and media pitch plans, thought leadership and research programs, media databases, audience segmentation reports, and competitor research
- Media relationship building with the press to maximize client awareness and brand building opportunities
- Proactive client story pitching – keep finger on the pulse of current news items that could be of relevance to clients
- Coach team members on story pitching and overseeing a client specific program
- Write client press releases, stories, and articles
- Edit team member’s media and PR materials
- Support the creation of crisis communications messaging and programs
Promotional and Event Activities
- Manage and develop creative media and PR activities and for client events and trade shows, both in-person and virtual
- Recommend awards
- Work with team members to create innovative partnership programs for clients
- Provide a weekly overview status report on all work functions to the Head of PR
- Self-manage day-to-day activities and work on client deliverables
- Conduct regular status updates with the team
- Basic admin duties – filing, email replies, meeting organization, etc.
- Oversee the media lists
- Oversee the company reporting functions
- Conduct research
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role (not including internships)
- Degree, diploma or relevant experience in marketing, communications, or related field
- Speak, read and write English fluently (business proficiency in French would be an asset)
- Skilled in MS Office suite and Google Suite
- Highly motivated, positive, no-ego attitude
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees and contractors
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work autonomously
- Professional presentation and communication skills
About The Agency.
We’re an award-winning boutique marketing & PR agency with a national roster of B2B clients. We believe innovation is key to a company’s market growth and success. Well-executed, strategic marketing and PR tactics targeting the correct audiences can help an organization differentiate themselves from their competitors, and claim more market share as a result.
We apply traditional business principles – picking up the phone, building lasting relationships – and we understand the importance of both the written and spoken word. We also live and breathe technology. This combination has built our excellent reputation for delivering creative, measurable, and dynamic marketing & PR solutions for our clients.
We’re proud recipients of Agility PR’s Bulldog Stars of PR Awards for Best Boutique Agency in North America (Silver) in 2018 and 2019. We’ve worked with clients across industries including technology, government, energy, healthcare, insurance, agriculture, finance, venture capital and angel investing, retail, tourism, and non-profit.
How to Apply.
If you think you’d be a fit for this role, please submit the below to Ashley Meller at [email protected]:
- Cover Letter