Are you looking to start your career in communications? We’re searching for a full-time Communications Assistant to support our dynamic team through client PR, marketing, events, reporting & analytics, and administration duties.
Title: Communications Assistant
Reports To: Sr. Content Manager
Location: Calgary, AB
Description: Supporting the Sr. Content Manager, Account Manager and Account Executive at The Agency through directed company and client PR, marketing, events, reporting & analytics, and administration duties. This is a full-time opportunity.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is February 16, 2020 by 4 pm MST.
- Build targeted media lists
- Assist with basic writing duties for company press releases, stories, and blog posts
- Regular media tracking
- Guided media relations
- Assist with executing company marketing programs as needed
- Assist the Account Executive with executing client social media programs
- Assist with basic copywriting
- Participate in brainstorm and client strategy sessions
- Conduct project specific stakeholder research
- Assist with creating surveys and research questions as needed
- Schedule phone calls, send emails and set-up interviews as needed
- Conduct phone calls and send emails to gather relevant information and details
Events and Promotion
- Conduct event research and gather logistic details
- Help to coordinate company and client events as needed including bookings, preparations, special promotions, customer invitations, etc.
- Assist with event set up and tear down
Metrics and Tracking
- Assist with client reports
- Find and track all client coverage and campaign data metrics as requested
- Basic admin duties – email correspondence, meeting organization, etc.
- Database creation and updates
- Company reporting functions
- Speak, read and write English fluently (business proficiency in French would be considered an asset)
- Skilled in MS Office suite and Google Suite
- Degree, diploma or relevant experience in communications, PR, marketing or related field
- Highly motivated, positive attitude
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees and contractors
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work autonomously
- Professional presentation and communication skills
About The Agency.
We’re an award-winning boutique marketing & PR agency with a national roster of B2B clients. We believe innovation is key to a company’s market growth and success. Well-executed, strategic marketing and PR tactics targeting the correct audiences can help an organization differentiate themselves from their competitors, and claim more market share as a result.
We apply traditional business principles – picking up the phone, building lasting relationships – and we understand the importance of both the written and spoken word. We also live and breathe technology. This combination has built our excellent reputation for delivering creative, measurable, and dynamic marketing & PR solutions for our clients.
We’re proud recipients of Agility PR’s Bulldog Stars of PR Awards for Best Boutique Agency in North America (Silver) in 2018 and 2019. We’ve worked with clients across industries including technology, government, energy, healthcare, insurance, agriculture, finance, venture capital and angel investing, retail, tourism, and non-profit.