FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 10, 2016
15 diverse startups to pitch their company to Alberta’s technology sector
Calgary, Canada – AccelerateAB, Alberta’s annual flagship technology event, is excited to announce the startups selected to learn from Alberta’s most successful entrepreneurs by taking part in the esteemed annual AccelerateAB Roundtables Session. In addition to the priceless mentorship opportunity, the Roundtables Session companies will also have the opportunity to pitch their company to the larger AccelerateAB conference audience.
“There is no better time to be an entrepreneur,” said Cynthia van Sundert, Executive Director of The A100 and organizer of AccelerateAB. “With tens of thousands of new businesses registered in the past 12 months in Alberta, these top 15 startups are only a snapshot of the innovation happening in our province.”
The selected companies for 2016 are:
- Beep for Service: An online marketplace that lets you book automotive service & repair at a guaranteed fixed price.
- Beyond Reality Technologies Inc.: A B2B virtual reality focused solutions company leveraging virtual reality to increase consumer confidence in business products.
- FREDsense Technologies: An early stage venture focused on providing new biological ways to measure toxins in our environment.
- Hobblit: An online community marketplace for skills and services.
- InVistaWare: A software company that enables field-centric companies to manage people, equipment, and jobs in the most intuitive workflow that’s right for them.
- Jump On Flyaways: A new concept in air travel that uses idle aircraft and the power of crowdsourcing to offer 35-65% off typical airline fares.
- MaxFleet Solutions: A real time sensor technology (accessible through a simple mobile app) that detects microscopic metallic particles and contaminants in any fluid, improving on the equipment/engine oil analysis available from laboratories.
- Otto: A complete “system-in-a-box” that allows builders to install sophisticated home automation with no special technical knowledge.
- Scarf: An ecosystem for buying and selling home-cooked meals.
- Snap Projections: Financial planning software that creates simple, flexible Retirement Projections with easy to understand reports.
- Systolik Digital Health: A medical device manufacturer (software) providing solutions for cardiologists.
- TikTiks: A mobile app that connects sports fans to buy and sell tickets securely from their phones.
- TLink Golf Inc.: A lightweight Bluetooth device for golfers that pairs with their smartphone to provide green yardages.
- Torch Motorcycles Inc.: A boutique bike lounge, workshop/event space, and community for women and their pals.
- Varafy: An early stage educational tech software startup focused on improving student outcomes in learning STEM subjects in higher education.
“Change is coming to Alberta,” said Davis Hodgins, CEO of Otto, one of the startups chosen to participate in the AccelerateAB Roundtables. “It’s clear to me that our economy can no longer rely on the strength of a single industry, it’s more important than ever for entrepreneurs to think bigger. As the CEO of Otto, we have partnered with builders to make homes smarter, and reduce energy consumption for families across the country. I am excited to be a part of Accelerate AB, to learn from others who know how to move great ideas forward.”
The AccelerateAB Roundtables Session matches high-potential startups in Alberta with mentors from The A100, The C100, and other industry experts. The Roundtables Session provides high quality advice and coaching from people who have built, grown, and exited technology startups.
The AccelerateAB Conference takes place from 1:30pm to 9:00 pm on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at the Art Gallery of Alberta. Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased on the AccelerateAB website.
For more information about AccelerateAB, please visit www.AccelerateAB.com.
Cynthia van Sundert
Executive Director, The A100
cynthia at thea100 dot org
+1 403 690 9339
meghan at theagencyinc dot ca
+1 587 899 0615
AccelerateAB is the province’s annual flagship technology event that brings together key leaders, investors, influencers and supporters of Alberta’s fast-growing startup community, with the goal of leveraging the success of the next generation of technology entrepreneurs across the province. Backed by some of the most high-profile and successful leaders in the industry and spearheaded by The A100, AccelerateAB is one of the best connected events in the province. www.AccelerateAB.com | @AccelerateAB
About The A100:
The A100 is a non-profit association of “been there, done that” tech entrepreneurs and executives who inspire and support generations of Alberta tech entrepreneurs. Formed by a group of industry pioneers who have been tied to many of Alberta’s technology success stories, the A100 has grown to over 70 members. Through its collective expertise, experience, global personal networks, and most importantly a desire to give back, the A100 is committed to nurturing Alberta’s next generation of tech leaders. www.thea100.org | @the_A100